For the smooth running of St Albans Secondary College, the school enlists the support of parents as partners. The College establishes home-school links that actively involve parents in their child’s education, and we ask parents to view home-school collaboration as a mutual responsibility.
Parents/carers can help make their child’s transition successful by:
– regularly accessing the Parent Portal to view news items and work submissions
– becoming familiar with their child’s new timetable
– helping with strategies for making new friends
– providing support with homework and assignments
– viewing their child’s Student Planner every evening to check whether homework
and assignments are recorded and being submitted by the due dates.
– attending parent teacher interviews
– encouraging their child to become involved in extra-curricular activities
– regularly communicating any concerns with the Junior Sub School.
– promoting positive relationships and modelling respect and care towards others.
Parents/carers will be invited to attend Transition events to find out more about the curriculum, school structure, uniform and other important dates and information. By attending these events, parents/carers will be better informed to support their child so they are well prepared for secondary school.
Parents are welcome to contact the Transition Team and the Junior Sub School with any questions on 9366 2555.