New Staff at St Albans Secondary College

Sam McCall

My name is Samuel McCall and I am excited about joining the SASC team again, after spending 6 years in the Individual Needs Department. During this time I studied at Victoria University to complete my Bachelor of Youth work. After completing my degree I worked at The Orange Door, which is a family violence service, building up my skills, knowledge and understanding of how to help people. Once I saw the opportunity to work at St Albans Secondary College again I jumped at the chance to be a part of the school wellbeing team. 

In my spare time I play soccer, video games and like to go hiking. 

I am super excited to work at St Albans (again) and to further develop my skills and knowledge in a school environment.

Hasan Hotic

Hi, my name is Hasan, I am thrilled to embark on this exciting journey as a new member of the vibrant at St Albans Secondary College Community. My educational foundation includes completing year 12 at Victoria University Secondary College and earning certificates III & IV in Community Services, along with valuable maintenance experience at Brookside College. Embracing a diverse range of career opportunities, I bring a deep passion for learning and a steadfast commitment to excellence to the school.

Outside the professional domain, I find comfort in engrossing myself in the world of music, exploring its diverse genres, and maintaining an active lifestyle through exercise. This holistic approach to life fuels my enthusiasm and drive to contribute positively to our school community. I am genuinely thrilled to be part of the lively atmosphere at St Albans Secondary College.

Excited to collaborate with the team and get to know everyone better😊 !!

Elle Murphy

Elle Murphy is a dynamic and passionate vocal coach with over eight years of experience guiding aspiring singers and songwriters to reach their full potential. Her holistic approach integrates performance techniques, songwriting skills, and improvisational methods, fostering an environment where students can explore their unique voices and develop their musical identities.

Having immersed herself in the vibrant music scenes of London and Los Angeles, Elle brings a wealth of industry experience to her teaching. Career highlights include reaching the Top 14 on The Voice Australia, securing several licensing deals with a Melbourne record labels, and performing live shows to audiences of up to 5000 people.

As a vocal coach, Elle has worked with students of all ages and skill levels, developing personalised lesson plans that cater to individual learning styles. She has a proven track record of helping students achieve breakthroughs in their vocal abilities, stage presence, and musical creativity. Her dedication to creating a safe and nurturing learning environment empowers students to explore their voices and develop their unique musical identities.

Elle’s diverse experiences as a performer, recording artist, and music therapist uniquely position her to inspire and guide her students. She is committed to helping them achieve technical proficiency, artistic expression, and the joy of performance, ensuring they become well-rounded musicians.

Angelica Dowler

Dear St Albans Secondary College Community,

Hey! I’m Angelica and I’m currently on placement at St Albans SC as a Social Work Masters student (from Charles Sturt University). I am very excited to work within the amazing school wellbeing team – my supervisor and colleagues are super inspiring and supportive. It is also an honour to learn and grow alongside the students of St Albans. 

I have professional and educational knowledge in social work, Chinese medicine, acting and performance-making and emotion-based/somatic therapies.

In my spare time I enjoy running through the forest, swimming in the river (in the warmer months at least!), creating electronic music, singing and dancing. 

I look forward to continuing to get to know staff and students over the coming months!

Alexandra Bushby

Hi, my name is Alex and I’m very excited to back from maternity leave and re-engaging with the Individual Needs team. My role as the Speech Pathologist is to provide assessment to support school funding applications and give recommendations to support students in the classroom with their learning. In my spare time I enjoy reading, going camping and spending time with my 1-year-old daughter.

I’m looking forward to seeing and working with the staff and students again.