New Staff at St Albans Secondary College

Andy Nguyen

Hi, my name is Andy, and I am thrilled to join the faculty at St Albans Secondary College. Having completed my Bachelor of Science at Melbourne University, I am eager to bring my passion for science and mathematics into the classroom.

It’s a special moment for me to return to St Albans Secondary College as a former student. My time here left a lasting impression on me, and I am excited to contribute to the school community that shaped me.

Outside of teaching, I enjoy immersing myself in music, whether it’s listening to various genres or strumming my guitar. Additionally, I love to be active through exercise in my off time.

I am looking forward to meeting and working with you all!

Yumiko Kawada

Hi my name is Yumi.  I feel very lucky to be working at St Albans SC as a Japanese Language Assistant on Tuesday and Thursday.  I have worked as an education support for 10 years and had tutored Japanese to business clients previously. 

I enjoy spending time with friends and family.  I like walking with my two big dogs.

I am looking forward to meeting and working with you all.

Ranjili Mudaliar

My name is Ranjili Mudaliar, and I am thrilled to join St Albans Secondary school as a Humanities teacher. Having taught in New Zealand for a number of years, I am now excited to share my passion for teaching at St Albans.

Outside of school, I enjoy traveling, cooking, reading and spending quality time with my family.

I am looking forward meeting to working with you all.

Lela Seely

Talofa Lava, Kia Ora, and Hello! My name is Lela and I am very excited to be part of the new English teaching staff at St. Albans Secondary College. I am proud to be of mixed Canadian European and Samoan heritage and have spent the last 4 years of my career teaching abroad. I have grown up in both Canada and Aotearoa New Zealand where I completed my Bachelor of Education at the University of Alberta, then taught for the past 3.5 years in Ōtara, Auckland. The opportunity to teach here in Australia came up and I thought, why not? Let’s give it a go!

My aim in schools is to support students to the best of my ability with a special emphasis on Pasifika/Māori enrichment. I believe that the values of culture, respect, and service plays an important role in who I am as a teacher and how this is reflected in my classes. 

My not-so-secret talents include being a professional dancer; specializing in hip hop, heels, and commercial styles. I’m a lover of old and new school hip hop/rnb, wearing big earrings, and am obsessed with my giant rottweiler named Rocky. 

O le tele o sulu e maua ai figota, e mama se avega pe a ta amo fa’atasi

“My strength does not come from me alone, but from many”

Damien McDonald

Hi my name is Damien and I’ve enjoyed working at St Albans Secondary College since the start of term 2. The students here are so respectful and the staff are extremely helpful.

In my spare time I enjoy reading about psychology, philosophy and literature and going for hikes.

I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thuy Nguyen

Hello, my name is Thuy T Nguyen.  I have just finished my certification in Eucation Support.  During my ES placement at SASC, i have been working with the staff and students here.  Iam grrateful to work in a permanent position at SASC, and be part of a student’s teaching tam.  I would like to thank all the ES teams for always being supportive and welcoming me.

Mary Nguyen

Hello All,

My name is Mary Nguyen. I am very delighted to become a new staff member of St Albans Secondary College. I have previously worked in the banking sector for the past 17 years and am excited for the new change.

During my spare time I enjoy tennis and bike rides with my husband and two children.

I look forward to working with you all.