Year 10 Food Studies
Yr 10 Food for Thought Student Design Brief – Cakes Display
The Food Studies team are very proud of the work the Year 10 Food for Thought students completed as part of their major assessment task. The finished products were displayed at lunchtime with a great turnout from the school community.
Students were asked to comment on their experience:
- It was really hard but in the end I was pretty proud of my cake, it was nice to see that hard work paid off. My friends liked it and everyone’s cakes were awesome.
- I enjoyed the challenge of getting the fondant the way I wanted for my design,
- I felt excited seeing it come together
- It was a fun, enjoyable experience decorating the cake
- I found it calming, relaxing and exciting, I had fun
- It was a challenge which I really enjoyed, very happy with my final design
- I really enjoyed decorating the cake. I learnt a lot about design and colour
Ms Andrea Coleridge – Food Studies Teacher & Design Technology LAC