New Staff at St Albans Secondary College

Adam Angus

Hi! My name is Angus, I am a first year teacher and thrilled to be starting at St Albans Secondary College. I have joined the Commerce teaching team and teach a range of Business related subjects across Year 10 and Year 11. Prior to teaching, I worked as an Accountant in assurance (audit) at Ernst and Young (EY) where I became a qualified Chartered Accountant. Outside of work I love sport. I am captain of my local cricket club back home in Horsham (Western Victoria) and continue to play football at a local level as well as being a passionate Essendon supporter. I look forward to meeting you all over the first few weeks of Term 1.

Ashleigh Huisman

Dear St Albans Secondary College Community,

My name is Ash, and I am excited to join St Albans this year as an English teacher. I graduated from Monash University at the end of 2021, and am looking forward to starting my career as a teacher here. In my spare time I enjoy playing music, and have been previously involved in community music programs in my hometown of Hamilton. I also enjoy spending time with friends and family, and enjoy reading and playing board games. I am looking forward to meeting and working with you all, and am grateful to start my career at St Albans.

Tung Ngo

My name is Tung, Maths Teacher, I am very excited to be joining St Albans Secondary College. I have been teaching secondary level Maths for more than 10 years. St Albans Secondary is very special school for me, in 2005 I had the opportunity to complete my first teaching work placement here and have very special memories as this was where I started my teaching career. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family and love camping, bushwalking and gardening. I am looking forward to working with and meeting you all.

Annemarie Papaleo

Hi everyone, my name is Annmarie, and I am one of the MYLNS Literacy Improvement Teacher’s at the college. I have a Bachelor of Teaching/Arts and a Masters in TESOL. I have worked as an English teacher and a Newly Arrivals Teacher, which gave me the opportunity to work with refugee and international students. I enjoy spending time with family and friends, travelling to new places and trying out new Italian recipes! Looking forward to working with you all.

Graham Preston

Dear St Albans Secondary College community,

I’m Graham and I am the new Learning Specialist in Literacy at the College.  I am so excited and honoured to join this community of learning in 2022 and beyond.  I am passionate about literature and literacy and I look forward to working with everyone here to maximise the outcomes of our students in a range of fields.  Over a decade ago, I started my career down the road at Victoria University Secondary College (Brimbank Campus) as an English teacher, before teaching Geography at an international school in Mongolia.  For the past 9 years, I was at Balwyn High School where I taught English, Literature and Humanities in Years 8 through 12 and served as part of the leadership team for the final 3 years.  Outside of the classroom, I have 2 children who are both now at primary school.  I also love to collect and listen to records, read novels and tend to my very large garden. 

Nicola Le’Toille

Hello, my name is Nicola. I am so excited to be joining the team at SASC. I have previously worked in the primary setting supporting students with additional needs, helping them be successful in the school environment. I love to travel and have been to America, China, India, Vietnam, Singapore, France, Italy, Monaco, and New Caledonia. I hope to get to the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Malta, Switzerland, and Belgium in the future. I have a Boston Terrier named Mateo who is 7 months old, extremely energetic and has a face that only a mother can love.

Jenny Luong

Hi my name is Jenny and I am excited to be joining St Albans Secondary College as a maths and science teacher. So far the staff and students at the college have been incredibly friendly and welcoming. As a teacher, I will aim to create an engaging and effective learning environment for all my students.  In my spare time, I love listening to music and engaging in creative hobbies, including drawing and embroidering. I look forward to meeting and working with you all. 

Myers Nguyen

My name is Myers. Six years ago, I graduated from St Albans SC. Today, I am very fortunate to be returning to the school as a numeracy tutor. My undergraduate background is in biomedical sciences in which I majored in immunology. Inspired by my teachers & lifelong mentors, I am now actively pursuing a career in the teaching profession. Currently, I’m in my final year as a pre-service teacher and will also be undertaking my final round of placements here. I hope to play my role in inspiring the up & coming youth of St Albans during their secondary school experience. In terms of my hobbies, I like to spend my free time with my family, watching sports & food videos, reading and

Taekwon-Do training. I look forward to working with everyone in the SASC community.

Tracy Alexopoulos

Hi, my name is Tracy. I am the new Senior Sub School assistant. Over the last few years, I have been involved in Education Support through volunteering and the ES Relief Program. I’m really enjoying my new role and am lucky to be working with a great team!

Stella Dang

Hi, I’m Stella and I just graduated last year from Monash University. I teach Visual Art, Multimedia, and Visual Communication! I’m interested in drawing, reading and taking photos. I’m trying to experiment with different mediums when I paint, because it seems fun to do. Also, learning how to cook a new dish every week. 

Taylor Decker

Hi St Albans Secondary College Community! 
My name is Taylor and I am a brand-new teacher to your school. I am extremely excited to be joining St Albans Secondary College as a Humanities and Legal Studies Teacher for this school year and can’t wait to get involved in what the school has to offer! This is my fifth year as a teacher and I spent the last four years at a school in Werribee, so I’m very happy to be making the switch and teaching a different group of students. 

Outside of being a teacher, I also love to try new hobbies like painting, snowboarding, boxing and Yoga. I am a Basketball coach for domestic and representative teams, as well as being the team manager for the School Sport Victoria State Basketball team. I enjoy all sports and love the outdoors, so feel free to chat to me about anything and everything sport related! 😊 

I am looking forward to meeting you all and working with you throughout the year.