Senior School Report
We are at the end of Term 3, and the exams are fast approaching again. The Year 12 VCAA external exams start on Wednesday 27 October and the Year 11 exams start on Monday 1 November.
It is also one of the busiest times for our Year 11 students at St Albans Secondary College. Not only are they finishing their Year 11 exams and VCAL studies, they will also be starting in their new subjects for 2022 in November of this year.
Our teachers are working on their Term 3 Progress Reports for Year 11 students. These are now due to the Coordinators on Tuesday 5 October. Parent will be notified early in Term 4 if their child is at risk of not meeting the Attendance or Promotion policy.
The final Year 12 Progress reports are due to Coordinators on Thursday 16 September. We will be contacting parents as required to discuss any concerns they may have become aware of.
Some important dates that the Senior Sub School need to make families aware of:
Year 11 Students
- Last day of Year 11 VCE classes: Friday 29 October 2021
- Last day of Year 11 VCAL classes : Friday 5th November 2021 (work placements cancelled this year)
- Monday 1 November until Wednesday 10 November: Year 11 VCE Exams
- Thursday 11 November until Wednesday 24 November: Year 12 VCE Orientation (Compulsory)
- Monday 15 November to Wednesday 17 November – Year 11 into Year 12 VCAL Orientation (Compulsory)
Year 12 Students
- Revision Lectures Monday 27 September to Friday 1 October. Information is available on Compass.
- GAT is on Tuesday 5 October. There are no time tabled classes for students on this day. They will be at school just to do the GAT. More information is available on Compass.
The ‘September Exams’ will take place during Term 4 in classes when students are back at school. VCAA (Victorian Curriculum & Assessment Authority) It is compulsory for students who are doing their external exams to attend.
Last Day of Year 12 Classes
- VCE and VCAL : Friday 15 October
- Final Assembly and Celebration – Time and date will be confirmed at a later time.
Year 12 Graduation and Awards Evening is one of the most successful events the schools holds where we usually get 800 people attending. We are planning on having it on Friday 15 October. We have booked the Moonee Valley Race Course.
The Year 12 Formal has been booked for Thursday 18 November at the Luxor.
We have both of these events on hold at the moment as we await to see what happens with the lockdown restrictions and the social/safe distancing with events.
The Careers team is working very closely will all the Year 12 students as they all qualify for a SEAS application.Students are still in the process of filling in their VCAT application forms, applying for courses, scholarships and special consideration when writing their SEAS applications. All Year 12 VCE and VCAL students will need to resister with VTAC (on-line) if they want to be considered for a university or TAFE course.
The end-of-year VCAA exam timetable for Year 12 exams are on the VCAA website through the following link:
Again, we would like to thank parents who contact us when their child is absent for any reason. This is of great assistance to the Year Level Coordinators, as we call home regularly if there are any unexplained absences. The Case Management process continues to monitor closely the attendance, achievement and individual needs of all our students. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or concerns about your child.