Junior School Report
This wintery term has been very busy with assessments and online learning. Students have continued to conduct themselves well and have shown great resilience.
We are very proud of the way our junior students are conducting themselves online. They have been attentive in classes and completing required work. Its lovely when the coordinators visit the classes to chat with the students.
Please remember to let your coordinators know if you need any support or clarification of events happening.
Staff have completed progress reports which are available for you to see on Compass. Parents and students will be contacted if there are any concerns and support required.
Digital Thumb Print Program
Supporting young people to be safe, responsible and positive online is a key challenge for educators and parents alike. Recently the team from the Optus Digital Thumbprint program were in the classroom with our Year 7 and Year 8 students taking them through the fun and interactive workshops that cover a range of important issues such as cybersecurity, cyberbullying, digital discernment, digital balance, and digital identity.
It is very important to be aware of these topics so that your child is prepared and supported to thrive in the digital world. There is a range of free, downloadable Digital Thumbprint Parent Conversation Guides for parents and care-givers that support you to have effective conversations around what young people should and shouldn’t share online, cyberbullying, and how digital technology can support effective study practices.
Please visit: www.digitalthumbprint.com.au/parent-resources
For more information on the program and each of the workshops we encourage you to visit: www.digitalthumbprint.com.au/
Here are some activities to think about to keep busy in the Holiday Period.
- Go for a walk with the pet dog or a bike ride. A great way to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the sunshine and exercise.
- Have a movie afternoon great for a rainy day. Rent a couple of good movies, make some popcorn and snuggle up with blankets and enjoy the movies.
- Cook some special treats or family favourites for dinner.
- Smile! Get the camera out and take some photos, download them on the computer and create a slide show.
- Do some Gardening or make a herb garden pot, they are fantastic and useful too
- Write and create a play or short story, see who is great at drama, acting and writing.
- Play board games Monopoly, Scrabble, Jenga, Hungry Hippos, Cards and more if there are a few of you have a tournament.
- Do a Jigsaw puzzle with your family, set up a special area and let everyone help – the harder the better.
- Have Fun!
Have a great Holiday with your families and rest up. We look forward to seeing you all next term.
Remember if you need any assistance from your coordinators please email them. We are here to assist you any time.