Information for Year 12 Students – Term 4, 2023Dear Students,Please see below for information regarding upcoming Year 12 events:
Last Day of Year 12 Classes
|Friday 13th October
||· Classes will run as per normal from periods 1 – 3.
· Your period 3 teacher will take the class to the front of the school for “uniform signing” at 11.40am.
· You will be dismissed from the front gardens at 12:00pm.
· You are expected to go straight home to prepare for the Awards Evening.
· Lockers must be cleaned out by this date. Any items remaining in lockers after this date will be thrown out or
Year 12 Awards Evening
|Friday 13th October
Venue: Celebrity Room, Moonee Valley Race Course, McPherson St, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039. Parking information to be provided. Please ensure you leave early, as there are roadworks and building construction in the area.
· Formal attire.
· You are required to be at the venue by no later than 4:00pm for gown fitting and rehearsal.
Doors will open for guests at 6:40pm for seating.
Ceremony starts at 7:00pm SHARP. Guests who arrive after 7:00pm may need to wait in the foyer until instructed by the ushers for seating during a suitable time.
|Whole School Assembly
||Monday 16th October
||· Whole school assembly will run during periods 1 and 2.
· You can dress up in school-appropriate fancy dress attire.
· You cannot not wear items that obscure the face, are offensive or carry fake weapons.
· Year 12 students assemble in the gymnasium from 8:00am onwards. Photobooth provided.
· During the ceremony, you are to remain seated, listen respectfully and adhere to the usual protocols during the
Tuesday 24th October to Wednesday 15th November
|· Arrive at the venue 30 minutes before the start of each exam.
· Check seating plan on compass for details of seating/rows BEFORE each exam.
· Water bottles must have no labels and are clear.
· Pencil case must be totally clear.
· No white-out allowed in exams.
Check Exam Navigator for details of what is allowed into each exam. Exam Navigator can be found on the VCAA website or by clicking this link: https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/Navigator/VCEExamsNavigator2023.pdf
Mobile phones, smart watches or any electronic device where information can be transmitted MUST NOT be taken into the exam room. They are to be left at home or in your bag during examinations.
· No hats, hoodies, scarves, jackets with pockets are to be worn in the exam room.
Performance and Languages oral examinations start on Monday 2nd October to Sunday 29th October – students have been given individual times.
|Year 12 Portfolio Interviews
(VCE VM students)
|Monday 9th October to Wednesday 11th October
||· Will be held in the Conference room or Meeting room.
· You will be allocated a 15 minute time slot to present in front of a panel.
· You are to bring your completed portfolio to the interviews.
· Talking notes can be taken in to the interview.
· Neat business attire.
Year 12 Formal
Friday 17th November
|· Venue: Luxor Function Centre, 503 Sydenham Road Taylors lakes, 3038.
· Formal dress attire.
· Alcohol-free event.
· Please arrive at 6.30pm, for a 7:00pm start.
· Finishing time at 11:30 pm
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to see us in the Senior Sub School.
Ms Marlene Cassar – Senior Sub School Leader