Library – Book Week
CBCA Book Week 2022
It’s Book Week! Starting the 22nd August, the library will spend one glorious, event-filled week celebrating books and Australian children’s authors and illustrators. This year’s theme is Dreaming with Eyes Open.
- Amra Pajalic – Young Adult Author
- Van Rudd – Artist
- Monica Athanasiou – Picture Book Author
- Maxine Beneba Clarke – Author
- Bookface: Junior, middle, senior sub school students & staff winners get a $40 book voucher from Readings Bookshop. Pictures to be taken at home (due to the no phones rule) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Design Your Own Book Cover: Junior, middle, senior sub school students & staff winners get a $30 book voucher from Readings Bookshop. Can be digital or print.
- Book Summary Haiku: Write a Haiku summarising your favourite book. A traditional Haiku follows the pattern of 5/7/5 – five syllables in the first line, seven in the second line, and five in the third line. See example below. This competition is open to staff, junior, middle and senior sub school students. Winners will receive a $30 book voucher from Readings Bookshop.
Dumbledore’s no more
The gang find Deathly Hallows
Neville saves the day
- Guess the Costume: On National School Library Day (24 August). participating staff will be dressing up as their favourite book character. To participate in the competition, students can interview 10 costumed staff and write down both the character and the book it’s from. Students with 10 correct answers go into the draw to win a $30 Readings Bookshop voucher. Entry forms are available from the Library.
Ms Vicki Bunce – Teacher Librarian