Middle School Report
This term wasn’t quite the one that we were expecting, but as it draws to a close, the Middle Sub School team would like to thank and congratulate all the students for their commitment to their learning this term. Online learning has both challenges and opportunities for students, and we’re really pleased to see the high rates of attendance continuing. Well done!
Some of our highlights this term
- The information evenings for VCE and VCAL were really well attended
- Course counselling appointments were such a great chance to chat to students one to one and talk about future plans and subject selections
- Class visits showing students engaged in so many different online platforms to support their learning
- Progress Reports provided further evidence of students’ resilience and determination to maintain high standards for their learning and progress
- Group projects and presentations using a variety of platforms and software
- Outstanding performances by Year 10 students involved in the Maths Game Day competition against other schools in Victoria
- The Year 9 NAPLAN results demonstrating that in spite of the interruptions to on site learning over the last 18 months, students are still making growth in their literacy and numeracy skill
- Emails sent by students, staff and their families to check in with us, share what they’re doing from home, and spread positivity
The Middle School team would like to wish all the students and their families a restful break over the two-week holidays. Whilst we know that students were hoping to return to onsite learning before the start of Term 4, we are confident that when this does happen students will be well prepared for the remainder of the year’s learning.