· To promote positive attendance behaviours in all students & parents/guardians,
· To improve student learning outcomes,
· To promote punctuality,
· To lift the expectations placed upon all students,
· To clearly differentiate between legitimate and non-legitimate absences from class and school, and
· To ensure consistent policy & practice in relation to recording, monitoring & improving attendance & punctuality across the whole College.
· The efforts and work of students when they successfully complete a year level should be rewarded and recognised through their reports and promotion to the next year level.
· The policy is to be read in conjunction with the College's other policies, especially the Promotion Policies at Years 9, 10 and 11.