Representing St Albans Secondary College
We encourage the participation of students in the various activities offered through the co-curricular program.
These activities play an important role in the total development of the student, and as such, are considered to be a vital part of the holistic education offered at the College.
Involvement in the co-curricular program fulfils important secondary educational and social goals established by the College. The College has a reputation as a high achiever in inter-school and State championships, with some of our students going on to represent their state and succeeding at a national level. The co-curricular program:
- Provides an opportunity for students to contribute positively to the College community.
- Enhances the holistic development of the individual.
- Promotes and nurtures responsible behaviour and attitudes.
- Cultivates self-discipline and self-responsibility.
- Fosters mutual support amongst parents and staff.
- Provides a means by which relationships can be established and consolidated in the whole school community.
- Develops skills and talents that students possess.
Interschool Sports Competition
Our students support and compete in the Western Metropolitan Region Sports Competition and the Bill Turner Cup which provides opportunities for participation in a wide range of competitive sports and activities, for example:
Other co-curricular activities include
- Drawing Club
- Markers Club
- Board Games.
A list of our co-curricular activities and times are available by clicking here.